Saturday, September 22, 2007

J.T.'s Library Essay

I know I said I'd talk next about our curriculum, but first I figured I'd share the essay J.T. wrote.

Our local library is having an essay contest. Their motto is something to the effect of "We'll Show You the World" and the title of the essay contest is: What My Library Card Means To Me. Anyone can enter and there's a 250 word maximum. This essay is all J.T. I helped by going over his first draft and finding misspelled words for him to look up and by, while he was writing the second draft, saying "write neater" every so often ;-)

What My Library Card Means To Me

My library card means many things to me. It allows me to get books I need to be home schooled. It also allows me to read about fictional universes, and I can learn about other countries that I'm interested in. I can also learn about ancient history and what life was like back then.

Thanks to my library card, I enjoy learning about ancient history. Like how Hannibal crossed the Alps into Italy to try to capture Rome. I also learned about the mighty 300. Only 300 Spartans defended Greece at the Battle of Thermopylae. They stood ground against over 1 million Persians. It was also fun to read about how Alexander the Great conquered the Persian empire.

My library card means many things. I most enjoy using it to travel through ancient time periods.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very good JT