Monday, November 5, 2007

Another Library Essay Update

Tonight was the award ceremony/pizza party for the winners and honorable mentions (that sounds like underwear for some reason) from the local library's essay contest.

They had a dorky dude dressed funny to sing some songs while everyone came in and sat down. I'm sure he amused the younger children. My 13 year old? Not so much :-p J.T. said he felt embarassed like he was the oldest kid there (he wasn't, actually, he just LOOKS it). I told him not to worry. One of the first place winners (there were two) was a woman who wrote her essay about her grandchildren. I'm sure she loves her library card and all and it's great she raised her family to value the library. Also, there was no age restriction on the contest. Still when the only adult wins one of the spiffy new blue bikes? Okay, whatever, I'm sure it was very fair.

Anyhow, before I get too snarky ;-)



This is J.T. after recieving his award. Being a kid, he didn't realize that when it was handed to him, he needed to be facing me so I can snap a pic.



And this is the award he received. They even framed it :)



That's all for tonight...not feeling great. Will post more when I get some sleep ;-)

2 comments:

--xh-- said...

Congratz J.T. :-)

Anonymous said...

So nice to meet you JT - congrats on that award!
Waving at you from New York,
Frances