Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Late November Update

We have been schooling, honestly! I just haven't been updating :-p

We're continuing with Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows for reading. On chapter 8 or 9 I believe. I can't wait until the end of the book so....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*SPOILER ALERT*

*
*
*
*
*
I can say "I told you so!" to J.T. about Snape not being evil. Heehee.

Our last and current chapter in History deals with slavery in early America. It's quite interesting because, for now, it is focusing on *how* slavery got started. The conditions that made America and England able to enslave Africans and why we didn't try to do the same to the Native Americans...and is also getting some into intentured servitude of whites in America. I think the whys and hows of history are very important to learn to help prevent similar mistakes in the future.

Today's Science was a Nova program on PBS. I believe it was called "Master of the Ants" and showed a tribe of people who use a breed of ants to fight termites when they have an infestation. I only half listened while J.T. watched, but it sounded pretty interesting.

In English...we're learning personal correspondence. We just finished "Thank You" letters today. Now I need J.T. to get something so I can make him send out a thank you note. LOL


On a Mom note, I'm doing a homemade holiday this year. I've made dog biscuits for all the doggies that belong to the families on my list and my mom's dog is also getting a couple of handmade toys...complete with squeakies inside ;-) I'm also doing popcorn balls for everyone and sewing some gifts...already sent my grandma's box to her and my mom and her husband's box will go next. So, other than schooling, that's what I've been amusing myself with.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful November!

1 comment:

Frances D said...

So glad to see a post from you.
Would love one for the group blog.
Perhaps it a project for JT?
Waving at you from New York,
Frances